Rateforce Insurance data breach exposed customer data online
Details of what the database contained
- 96,175 folders that contained a total of 255,756 records with a size of 93.93 GB.
- Folders contained insurance policy cards and driver’s licenses (front and back sides).
- Some folders also included additional documents such as auto loan information that contained PII and social security numbers, vehicle titles, applications for titles, state registrations, Medicaid or health insurance cards, utility bills showing proof of residence, letters from banks showing active accounts, and partial account numbers.
- The breach included customer and applicant names, home addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, vehicle identification numbers (VINs), and insurance policy details.
- Sales records with auto dealer information that included EIN tax identification numbers and other sales or vehicle data. Some included the buyer’s social security number (SSN) in plain text.
Read the full report on the Rateforce Data Breach here: https://www.vpnmentor.com/news/report-rateforce-breach/